Mr. Jacob has over 25 years of rich HR experience across Middle East, Africa, India and South- East Asia. He has worked on various aspects within and outside the realm of HR and understands the breadth and depth of HR across the International domain. He has hands on experience in understanding Cultural & Leadership nuances across all the markets that he has worked in. Throughout his career he has tried to innovate his delivery of HR products and services that aid in Enterprise growth. He is extremely hands on and his approach to HR is about being pragmatic and providing customized pedigree HR solutions.
His experience is varied across HR Consulting, International HR, Start Up HR and large scale Change Management HR. His domain expertise lies in the deployment of cutomised organizational HR Strategies, Organization Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Change Management, Mergers & Acquisitions and Organization Transformation.
Currently, Mr. Jacob is the Group CHRO at the Malabar Group. Prior to his role in Malabar Group, he has previously worked with Organisations such as Columbia Asia, Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd, Emirates Airline in Dubai, Feedback Ventures & Oberoi Realty.
Mr. Jacob has travelled across various Countries and has spoken at various National & International conferences and has presented and written papers on various HR topics. He is an alumnus of T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal having done his PGDM with specialization in HR with a dual PG from Academy of Human Resources Development. He is an avid reader and traveller.
Mr. Jacob is a recipient of several National & International awards – some of them are:
- Most Influential HR leader in India by World HR Congress 2017
- Recognized as one amongst the most powerful HR professionals in India by the World HR Congress 2013, 2010
- HR Leadership Award at the Asia Pacific Summit 2011
- HR professional of the Year for 2012
- Contribution to Organisation Award – Asia HRD Congress 2013, Jakarta
Things we talked about in this interview with Mr. Jacob (video below) :
- Importance of a collaborative Goal Settings process.
- The necessity of Goals Cascading and tying individual goals with organisational and/or departmental goals.
- Whether sub-goals should be a part of the goal settings process.
- Approaching zero-target goals.
- Measurability of all types of goals.
Click on the video below to watch the entire discussion with Mr. Jacob: