Surabhi Venkatesh is a strategic HR professional with a demonstrated history of working in the not for profit industry. An ICF -credentialed and certified coach, she currently leads People & Culture at Heads Up For Tails, India’s largest organized retail brand for pet products. She works with teams and individuals on strategic planning, high performance, coaching and mentoring and creating a rigorous employee experience. She’s a passionate dog parent to her two rescues, Luchi & Mutton, and believes that they are the most impactful teachers.
In this TopTalk interview, Surabhi talks about how the performance of people, who are behind bringing joy to pets’ lives, is managed during this pandemic and WFH Scenario.
Things we talked about in this interview with Surabhi (video below) :
- Her journey from being a customer to becoming a HUFTian.
- During the lockdown scenario last year and even now when the Pandemic has not yet subsided completely and HUFT being a company that has been massively active to support all the needs of the animals, the impact it had on the performance and the productivity of the people force.
- Engagement plays a very important role when we talk about keeping up employee motivation especially during these uncertain times. The proactive measures that Surabhi took in order to keep HUFT’s people force motivated.
- In a view to adjust or accommodate the changing scenario of the country, are there/will there be any plans for changing the current evaluation methods that are followed? How does Surabhi believe that will lead to an improvement in the performance of the organization.
- The importance HUFT puts on having a well organized and continuous Feedback process in place for better performance.
- HUFT is the leading provider of pet essentials in India and with physical stores opening all over the country, what does the future of the people’s performance management looks like for HUFT?
Click on the video below to watch the entire discussion with Surabhi: